Dean S. Seneca, MPH, MCURP, is CEO of Seneca Scientific Solutions and recently served as Director of the Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Epidemiology Center (GLITEC) which is to support Tribal communities in their efforts to improve health by assisting with data needs through partnership development, community- based research, education and technical assistance. Previously, Mr. Seneca he served as a Senior Health Scientist in the Partnership Support Unit within the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. His main responsibilities were to build CDC’s national public health partners ability to provide greater capacity building assistance to state, tribal, local, and territorial health departments. Before arriving to CDC, he held the position of Tribal Planning Director for the Seneca Nation of Indians. He received both of his Master's degree(s) from the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
He is a recognized expert in health sciences and global advocate for the under-served through community participation, building infrastructure in epidemiology and leading through diplomatic communication.
- Senior Public Health Leader and advisor with demonstrated success in planning, developing, and executing multi-faceted, million-dollar public health programs and projects, policies and scientific initiatives.
- Proven performance in delivering training, mentoring and consulting support to global stakeholders, government entities, residents, scientists and partners while strengthening alliances and elevating health service deliveries in areas of epidemiology, surveillance, health policy, health research, emergency response, health statistics, and workforce development.
- Highly-recognized expertise in Epidemiology, Entomology, Bio Statistics, Assessment, Community Planning, Environmental Health, and Public Health—Science, Research, Prevention, and Training.
- Public Health Consulting
- Program Management
- Budget/Cost Control
- Policy Formulation
- Agency Management
- Partnership Building
- Health Service Improvements
- Training & Development
- Emergency Response
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Proposal Writing
- Community Planning and Design
- University of Buffalo, Distinguished Alumni Award 2017
- Selfless Contributions & Willingness to Above and Beyond the Call of Duty, CDC’s Zika Virus Response 2016
- CDC Public Health Scholars/ Ferguson Emerging Infectious Disease Certificate, 2015
- CDC Certificate of Appreciation/ Ebola Response West Africa, 2014
- CDC Public Health Summer Fellows Program, 2014
- CDC Healthiest CIO Challenge, 2013
- CDC Speakers Bureau, Distinguished Speaker, 2012
- CDC’s Global Polio Eradication Activation, 2012
- National Men’s Health Month, 2012 CDC Pandemic Influenza Exercise, 2011
- Native Research Network, Phil Smith Award, 2010